Monday 3 December 2012

The Hallé.

Life's tough.

Went to Manchester to visit the sister and her beloved this weekend. Went to the Christmas markets; ate too much cheese and drank too much alcohol. It's a hard life. What was hard, was sleeping on the sofa, which was about half the size of me (making it pretty much a miniature sofa), it was either that or the broken air bed. I was spoilt for choice.

In between stuffing my face and sleeping in uncomfortable positions, we went to watch The Hallé perform Handel's Messiah at Bridgewater Hall. For those of who are uncultured as me; we went to watch an orchestra play some awesome music, whilst an even more awesome choir sang with them.

Now, I'm like most people, I like some classical music - as in the really famous songs that are always in films and things like that. I'm definitely not a fanatic when it comes to this sort of music.

However, it was AMAZING. Actually amazing. 

Going to things like that don't half make you feel shit about yourself though. These people are so talented it was unreal. One of the male solos was an absolute legend. Reading through the programme made me feel even shitter; these people aren't half 'well-rounded'.

So, to make ourselves feel better afterwards we went and had a massive Chinese in China Town. A good way to end the night.

Would definitely recommend going to something like that, especially near Christmas, definitely puts you in the mood.

Speaking of Christmas; 3 WEEKS AND A DAY. I have bought all of two presents, to say I'm not prepared is an understatement. 

Also kacking my pants about my future; what the hell am I going to do with my life? I'm definitely leaning towards further education again, but possibly in something I'll actually enjoy this time. Just an idea. Either way, I need to sort out something, not having something to work towards at the minute is driving me crazy. And the real world's really tiring me out. 

Also, from now on, I won't be posting links on my facebook/twitter so if you want to keep on reading then you'll have to keep checking; effort, I know. But when you're bored, or fancy a little stalk; read away. I'll be aiming to post a new one every couple of days of so.

No comments:

Post a Comment