Monday 29 October 2012

The Car Crash.

Had a car crash the other day.

Slightly inconvenient. Majorly shit. I say my car, it's my Mum's. Makes it that bit more shit.

Apparently it's all the rage at the minute; crashing cars. It's the done thing. Probably down to the shit weather. And people's shit driving.

I was all for slagging off public transport last time but now I'm slightly more in favour of it, it's useful when you're car-less. Only slightly though. Going down to London at the weekend on the train; highly doubt I'll be lucky enough to have a conversation with another legend, but here's hoping. Definitely going to have a crazy sat next to me. Can't wait.

Speaking of crazy; my friend suggested doing a sky dive for charity the other day. My reaction: 'pah, it'll be piss easy compared to the GNR, why the hell not'. I now realise this is not the case, and said friend will probably have to push me out the door - pretty sure she'll jump at the chance. So as soon as the friend in question has sorted out the details (get on it dude, it's written in here now - we have to do it) we'll be jumping out of a plane. Of our own accord.

Although, I'm not great with heights/planes/moving fast towards the ground/moving fast generally. Didn't really think this through. Ah I'm sure it'll be fine, it's not like I could die or anything....oh, wait.

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis. Only it's 20 years too early. Would explain a lot though.

Oh well, all I need to do is buy a motorbike and be done with it. 

Ironically, I want to buy a motorbike. Only a few minor points from stopping me; I can't drive one, I'm smaller than most children, and I'm pretty much broke. Minor, minor details.

I do get my first proper pay cheque on Wednesday though. Excited is an understatement. The saddest thing is I'm excited to be able to pay for petrol and not have to borrow money off my parents.

You would have thought that being a student would have prepared me for the life of a pauper, apparently not. It did however, teach me to appreciate heating and home-cooked food. Being at home is amazing.

One of my friends asked me the other day if I missed the uni lifestyle, but I could honestly answer no. I'm actually loving life at the minute; even in spite of the fact that I've had a car crash, have no money and am completely clueless about what I want to do with my life. God I'm an inspirational person. 

And on that modest note, I'm going to do some coursework (which is going well if you're wondering).

No comments:

Post a Comment