Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Interview Part II.

Only went and got myself a job today.

So I had my interview this afternoon. Turned up horrendously early due to my paranoid nature and the fact that I needed to make sure I stretched my legs before I went in (literally). To be fair, who doesn't turn up early to an interview? Probably not half an hour early like I did, but still. As I turned up to the wrong building at first, probably a good idea that I did get there so early. What can I say, I'm female; it's only natural that I'm useless with directions.

That's a blatant lie, I'm usually pretty good with directions (I'm sure some would disagree; you're wrong) even though I am a woman. Anyway, everyone knows it's always the guys' fault; they're incapable of listening.

Oh, and I should probably point out that this interview was a follow up to the one I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, which means I can't be a complete tool and obviously passed the test I did. Get in.

Again, felt very over-dressed. Was much more relaxed this time. Although, walking in, I had no idea what sort of job I was being interviewed for, which was a tad nerve-wrecking. They gave me the job spec. at the beginning and I had a quick flick through; looked pretty standard, not too monotonous and they had two positions going; one permanent, one temporary - I was open to either. No time to be fussy these days. It went alright. I don't think I answered the questions amazingly well but I didn't say anything particularly stupid either so came out feeling alright about it. 

Five minutes later. Going over things in my head thinking 'why the hell did I say that', clearly the time to stop being a woman and over-thinking things. They told me they'd get back to me by Friday. Time to wait it out. Joy. 

Two hours later; back at home writing a letter (yes, people still write letters - who knew), when my phone rang - they were offering me the job. Chuffed is an under-statement. 

Talking to my Dad about it later, when he basically called me a lucky git. Offended? Definitely. I've probably applied to about 70 jobs so far, so I'd hardly call it luck. Determined, that's the word I'd use. Admittedly this was my first proper interview and I got the job, but that's after about 69 other people turning me down. Good thing they didn't notice my poo-walk. Could've have been a whole different story.

So that's one thing done. Get a job; check. Still don't feel very relieved; don't think I will until I've actually started (next Monday - no rest for the wicked). Now I've just got to keep on top of everything else as well. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Knew you'd get there. What's the job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuuu, glad someone did ha! Just an admin job - pretty basic stuff but a rung on the ladder and all that.

      Delete